Wednesday, March 7, 2012

inspired

Just finished watching Invisible Children Inc. campaign documentary for #KONY2012. It reminded and inspired me to start doing something on my documentary I've been procrastinating on.

I made the promise to myself that a majority of my films would be focused on women, but in a different tone of light from how women are usually protrayed. In Fall 2010 I took an English class at Berkeley City College and ended up writing this really intense essay about females and their obstacles between them and obtaining education. It was something that I had to narrow down to only twelve pages but had SO much more to say about it. So months after taking the course, I decided that I would turn my essay into a documentary one day. It's been a year and a half since I wrote it, and still have done NOTHING about it. But after watching the Invisible Children campaign video it reminded me of the idea that I have yet to form into something greater. So let's do this!

<3 D

No comments:

Post a Comment